The Old Capitol Farmers Market is sponsored by HSHS St. John’s Hospital and provided by Downtown Springfield, Inc. in cooperation with Illinois Stewardship Alliance and Springfield Area Arts Council. It is a producer-only farmers market located in the heart of Downtown Springfield at or near the corner of 4th and Adams Street. The 2016 season of the Old Capitol Farmers Market operates on Wednesdays and Saturdays for a total of 25 weeks, beginning Wednesday, May 11th and ending Saturday, October 29th. This is a total of 50 Market Dates. The Market will take place every Wednesday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. RAIN OR SHINE
The Old Capitol Farmers Market strives to:
- Support small farms and local growers by providing a venue to directly market their goods.
- Strengthen the local economy by providing a venue for the public to connect with local growers, artisans, musicians, and entrepreneurs.
- Build community by providing a public gathering space for community members to engage, interact, and exchange ideas with the people and projects around them.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles through increasing availability of fresh produce and locally raised food.
- Celebrate the diversity of locally-grown food and artisan products that are unique to Springfield and central Illinois.
- Support, revitalize, and grow downtown Springfield by increasing foot traffic and patronage to the downtown area.
2017 MARKET SCHEDULE
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the Old Capitol Farmers Market, the application is now live. Once you have completed your application, it will be reviewed for approval. If you are approved you will receive an email notification and an invoice. Payment is not due until after application is processed. We understand that some of you may not feel comfortable applying using the online system and we will be available to help you. If you would like assistance completing the online application please contact the market manager at lindsaykeeney@ilstewards.
Artisans must be juried before their application can be considered complete and approved. Artisan specific application instructions can be found here. Springfield Area Arts Council will be responsible for the jurying process. To be juried you will need to add photos of your work to your profile on managemymarket.com. Please do not hesitate to email the market manager with questions.
The Old Capitol Farmers Market is a proud member of the Illinois Farmers Market Association.