The Old Capitol Farmers Market (“Market”) is a producer-only farmers market located in the heart of Downtown Springfield at or near the corner of 4th and Adams Street. The 2018 season of the Old Capitol Farmers Market operates on Wednesdays and Saturdays for a total of 24 weeks, beginning Wednesday, May 16th and ending Saturday, October 27th. This is a total of 48 market dates. The Market will take place every Wednesday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. RAIN OR SHINE.
The Old Capitol Farmers Market strives to:
- Support small farms and local growers by providing a venue to directly market their goods.
- Strengthen the local economy by providing a venue for the public to connect with local growers, artisans, musicians, and entrepreneurs.
- Build community by providing a public gathering space for community members to engage, interact, and exchange ideas with the people and projects around them.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles through increasing availability of fresh produce and locally raised food.
- Celebrate the diversity of locally-grown food and artisan products that are unique to Springfield and central Illinois.
- Support, revitalize, and grow downtown Springfield by increasing foot traffic and patronage to the downtown area.
The Market is governed by Downtown Springfield Inc. (DSI) and managed by the Illinois Stewardship Alliance (ISA). Springfield Area Arts Council (SAAC) finds and hires local performers for Saturday markets, oversees any other performances, and approves artisan applications. Downtown Springfield Inc. retains ownership of the Market and is responsible for consumer marketing and sponsorships. Illinois Stewardship Alliance is responsible for Market operations, including registration, approval of applicants, space assignments, inspections, vendor disputes, and other processes involving vendors as well as educational programming and consumer marketing during the market. Please contact the Market Manager, Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant at Deborah@ilstewards.org with questions, or call the Alliance office at 217-528-1563.
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the Old Capitol Farmers Market, the application is now live. Once you have completed your application, it will be reviewed for approval. If you are approved you will receive an email notification and an invoice. Payment is not due until after application is processed.
We understand that some of you may not feel comfortable applying using the online system and we will be available to help you. If you would like assistance completing the online application please contact the market manager at deborah@ilstewards.
For more vendor resources, see below:
The Old Capitol Farmers Market is a proud member of the Illinois Farmers Market Association.