Approximate Time Frame: October- December
Hours: TBD depending on availability
Start date approximately October 25 2014
Location: Springfield, IL
Illinois Stewardship Alliance (ISA) seeks a volunteer Outreach Intern to assist with coordinating communications for local food and sustainable agriculture programs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to increase skills, knowledge and abilities in community outreach and organizing. An understanding of local food systems and sustainable agriculture issues is preferred. The Outreach Intern works with the Program Director and Conservation Associate to carry out duties within local food and sustainable agriculture programs.
Supervision and Hours
The Program Director will supervise the position. Estimated average weekly commitment is 15-20 hours, and includes communication with staff, members, and coordination of outreach, communication and tabling.
- Assist with annual Harvest Celebration and annual meeting and communicate with ISA members;
- Communicate and coordinate with ISA members;
- Assist Program Director and Outreach Coordinator with promotional materials, publicity and mailings for local food programs;
- Assist with tabling at events, field days and farmers markets, including, but not limited to: set up and break down; talking about ISA’s work; conducting educational activities and selling promotional materials
- Reproduction and distribution of fliers and other promotional material for both local food and sustainable agriculture programming;
- Other duties related to the project.
Skills and Abilities Desired
- Ability to communicate organizational goals clearly and positively.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks from clerical to Internet research and excel spreadsheet management.
- Ability to provide a high level of social interaction with the public at community events and speak to them about the organization’s activities.
- Word processing skills, Excel, Publisher and social media experience desirable.
- Some travel is required.
This is a volunteer position.
To be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume no later than October 15, 2014.