Want to be featured in our 2017-2018 Directory? Need help marketing and finding new customers? Want to stay up to date on the latest local food and farm programs, workshops, and conferences?
Join the Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois chapter! Membership is available to farmers, food processors, farmers markets, restaurants, retailers, wineries, breweries, and institutions marketing locally-grown products. Complete the Farm Application or Business Application here. The 2-year membership fee is a fantastic deal at $45 for farmers and $75 for all other membership categories. This minimal fee entitles members to the following benefits:
• Listing in the 2017-2018 Membership Directory with a planned printing of 10,000 copies to be distributed through community events, retailers, farmers’ markets, and many other locations. (Membership Payment must be received by March 1st for inclusion in this year’s directory). Check out the 2015-2016 Directory here.
• Your own profile page on the Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois website, including details about your business, pictures, and a map to your location.
• Assistance with marketing, including help with special event, sales, and product marketing through the website, e-newsletter, and social media accounts (facebook and twitter), and Featured Farmer articles that will headline the Buy Fresh Buy Local website and e-newsletters
• All-weather, laminated window sign featuring the colorful Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois logo
• Buy Fresh Buy Local Member window sticker
• A CD of BFBL images and marketing tools (signs, labels, price tags) for use on your own print and online advertising materials
• Opportunity to be involved with the “Local Flavors” farm-to-table dinner series which helps bring locally produced foods to Central Illinois restaurants, as well as other educational programs that help increase consumer awareness and knowledge regarding locally-grown food.
• Participation in a professional and well-researched marketing campaign (Buy Fresh Buy Local is a national campaign and there are chapters in every state) that promotes consumer awareness of the importance of locally-grown products
To date we have 153 members in 34 counties across Central Illinois. This is our 9th year of operation and as our Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois chapter grows, so too does our reach and our recognition among consumers. Currently we are putting together the 2017-2018 directory, which we plan to make our best yet with special sections dedicated solely to CSA’s and On-farm stores, and user-friendly guides to help consumers easily find the products and farm practices they are looking for. We’ll also be updating our website with engaging content and articles on a weekly basis. Our ultimate goal is to help your business grow!
The strength of the Buy Fresh Buy Local campaign reflects the strength of the local food movement here in Central Illinois. Please consider being a part of the movement. Join us in creating a strong, vibrant network of local growers and sellers and in making local food available for all. Become a Buy Fresh Buy Local Farm Member or Buy Fresh Buy Local Business Member today.
Looking for more opportunities to increase your customer-base? Consider sponsoring the Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois chapter. Sponsorship levels include quarter, half, and full page ads in our directory as well as additional company information and logos on our website and newsletter.
Note: All sponsorship levels include the benefits of the levels below.
And if you know of farms or businesses in your area that would benefit from becoming a member or sponsor, please spread the word about our membership drive!