Become a member or renew your membership and join the “Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois” campaign in our 8th season of promoting locally produced foods. Membership is available to farmers, on-farm food processors, farmers markets, restaurants, stores, and institutions marketing local and sustainably grown products. The basic 2-year membership fee is a fantastic deal at $45 for farmers and $75 for all other membership categories. This minimal fee entitles members to the following benefits:
• Listing in the 2015-2016 Membership Directory with a printing of 10,000 copies to be distributed through community events, retailers, farmers’ markets, and many other locations. (Membership Payment must be received by March 1st for inclusion in this year’s directory)
• Your own profile page on the Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois website, including details about your business, pictures, and a map to your location.
• Assistance with marketing, including help with special event, sales, and product marketing through the website, e-newsletter, and social media accounts (facebook and twitter), and Featured Farmer articles that will headline the Buy Fresh Buy Local website and e-newsletters
• All-weather, laminated window sign featuring the colorful Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois logo
• Buy Fresh Buy Local Member window sticker
• A CD of BFBL images and marketing tools (signs, labels, price tags) for use on your own print and online advertising materials
• Opportunity to be involved with the “Local Flavors” farm-to-table dinner series which helps bring locally produced foods to Central Illinois restaurants
• Opportunity to attend Chef-Farmer Mixers through Central Illinois
• Participation in a professional and well-researched marketing campaign (Buy Fresh Buy Local is a national campaign and there are chapters in every state) that promotes consumer awareness of the importance of locally-grown products
To date we have 137 members in 34 counties across Central Illinois and as our Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois chapter grows, so too does our reach and our recognition among consumers. Currently we are putting together the 2015-2016 directory, which we plan to make our best yet with special sections dedicated solely to CSA’s, Farm-stands, and U-Pick Farms, as well as updating our website with engaging content and articles on a weekly basis. Our ultimate goal is to help your business grow!
The strength of the Buy Fresh Buy Local campaign reflects the strength of the local food movement here in Central Illinois. Please consider being a part of the movement. Join us in creating a strong, vibrant network of local growers and sellers and in making local food available for all. Become a Buy Fresh Buy Local Member today.
Additionally, if you enjoy programs like Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois, please consider joining Illinois Stewardship Alliance or making a one-time donation to support our other work in local food economies. And if you know of farms or businesses in your area that would benefit from becoming a member, please spread the word about our membership drive.
Note: Your membership into Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois gets you a listing in the 2015-2016 directory. This directory will be printed in the spring of 2015, so your renewal at this time is important. Payments are due by March 1st for inclusion in the directory.