Your support is needed to pass the Home-to-Market Act in the House
In late April, the Home-to-Market Act SB2007 passed out of the Senate unanimously in a 57-0 vote! If you’ve been tracking the bill, now’s the time to do a little happy dance.
It’s not over yet though! The Act will now move into the House, where there is still more work to do. In order to pass out of the House, the Home-to-Market act needs a 3/5th majority.
You can help– ask your Representative to co-sponsor the Home-to-Market Act.
Securing co-sponsors shows strong legislative support and will give the Home-to-Market Act the support it needs to pass.
What’s Cooking at the Capitol: Home-to-Market Edition, May 5th, 2021
For our first edition of What’s Cooking at the Capitol (follow for more on Facebook or Youtube) Molly Gleason and Liz Rupel discuss the Home-to-Market Act and prepare a Blackberry Honeysuckle Margarita featuring a cottage food product from Glacier’s End in Williamson County.
The Home-to-Market Act will help small farms and food businesses like Glacier’s End and others across Illinois reach new customers, grow the local food economy, and give you greater access to the unique and delicious artisan products that Illinois has to offer.
- 4 oz Blackberry Honeysuckle Shrub from Glacier’s End Farm
- 2 oz Tequila — We recommend silver tequila for this recipe.
- 1 oz Triple sec
- 1-2 Limes (1-2 squeezed and a slice for garnish)
- Optional: salt for rim
You can learn more here about the Home to Market Act sponsored by Rep. Will Guzzardi and Senator David Koehler. It is endorsed by a growing list of supporters including:
- Chicago Food Policy Action Council
- Chicago Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights
- Elawa Farm Foundation
- Food Works
- Illinois Environmental Council
- Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship
- Northwest Illinois Economic Development
- The Conservation Foundation
- The Land Connection
- Slow Food Springfield
- Slow Food Chicago
- South East Chicago Commission
- SBDC at Build Bronzeville
- Sustain Dupage
- The South Loop Farmers Market
- The Resiliency Institute
- Village of Elizabeth
We’ll stay in touch about further opportunities for you to take action throughout the legislative process. Stay tuned!