Join farmers across the state
Are you a farmer or advocate that’s passionate about soil health and land stewardship? Are you looking to connect with others that share your passion?
If you answered yes, then the Soil Health Champion Caucus is right for you!
The Soil Health Champion Caucus brings together Alliance members who use soil health and regenerative practices to build a supportive community, organize together, and grow the movement for soil health in Illinois.
What is a caucus?
The word “caucus” has Native American origins as the Algonquian word for “counsel.” We would like to think of the Soil Health Caucus as being counselors and advisers, not just to the Alliance, but to each other, because Soil Health Champions know what it takes to improve soil health and ensure farm profitability for years to come.
Why should I join the caucus?
For too long decisions have been made without farmers at the table. This caucus changes that. When we work as one collective, farmer-led voice, together we can change mindsets and create a stronger soil health movement. You can count on the Alliance Soil Health Champion Caucus for opportunities to:
- Meet and network with other like-minded farmers who share your passion for soil health,
- Sharpen your skills as a leader of a soil health movement, and
- Get the latest insider intel on programs and policies that impact soil health and stewardship.
- Take action on soil health legislation that matters to you
We look to Soil Health Champions in the Caucus to weigh in on our advocacy agenda to promote soil health, drive adoption of cover crops and continuous living cover, solve nutrient pollution, and educate decision-makers on issues that impact farmers.
How do I join?
- If your membership is up to date, click here to join the caucus
- Follow form below