Thank you for downloading our grassroots marketing package and promoting the September Eat Local Challenge! Below is a list of items included in this package along with suggestions for use. Additionally, you will be subscribed to our weekly industry newsletter throughout the month of September for farms and farmers market managers that includes tips for marketing and examples of how other markets across Central Illinois are using the materials and innovative marketing in their communities. This package includes the following items:
- September Eat Local Challenge Facebook Header Graphic
- September Eat Local Challenge Social Square
- 8 Social Media graphics featuring facts about the food system to post throughout the month (see below)
- September Eat Local Challenge Press Release customizable to your Market
- Social media messaging and newsletter blurbs customizable to your Market
- September Eat Local Challenge Promotional Flyer PDF (8.5 x 11)
- September Eat Local Challenge Sandwich Board Sign PDF (24 x 36)
- Customizable September Eat Local Challenge Bingo post card (4.25 x 5.5)
Suggestions for Use:
- Upload to your Facebook page during the month of September
- Post on social media to announce the Challenge
- Use in your newsletter along with an announcement about the Challenge
8 Social Media graphics featuring facts about the food system
- Post throughout the month. We suggest posting two per week throughout September and scheduling these out in advance to save time if you are able. (Right click to download and save the images below)
- Customize and post on your Market website or in your Market newsletter
- Customize and send to your local press list.
- Post weekly beginning in Mid-August through September in order to highlight great features of your market as well as encourage participation in the Challenge. Post along with photos of farmers, shoppers, and smiling faces at your Market for best results.
- Print and place in a photo frame to set at your market booth.
- Print multiple copies and set at your market booth for shoppers to take with them.
- Print and frame multiple copies and give the framed flyers to vendors to place at their booths.
- Print at your local print shop and place in a sandwich board sign in a well-traveled area during your market.
- During the week when the Market is not running, place the sandwich board sign in a well-travelled area in your community—perhaps in front of a favorite farm-to-table restaurant or your city office.
- This is an added feature that you can use to further excite and incentivize shoppers to buy local during throughout September. Customize the Bingo Card to include fruit, veg, meat, dairy, and other items that you know are available at your Market throughout September. Print the cards and promote them to shoppers at your Market Booth. Have shoppers return to you to show you when they purchase an item on the card and to receive a sticker or stamp on their card. Provide shoppers with a small prize for completing the card (i.e. an apple donated by a farmer, or a $1 token) or structure the prize so that all completed bingo cards are entered into a raffle for a bigger prize (a basket of farmers market produce or a gift certificate to a local farm-to-table restaurant)