ISA is happy to announce the creation of a new part-time Outreach Intern position. The Outreach Intern will work closely with the Program Director and Conservation Associate to carry out duties within ISA’s local food and sustainable agriculture programs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to increase skills, knowledge, and abilities in community outreach and event organization. An understanding of local food systems and sustainable agriculture is preferred. For a detailed job description, please see below.
Approximate Time Frame: May – August
TBD depending on availability
Start date no later than June 2, 2014
Supervision and Hours:
The Program Director will supervise the position. Estimated average weekly commitment is 15-20 hours,
and includes communication with staff, members, and coordination of outreach, communication and
• Assist with annual membership drive and communicate with ISA members
• Communicate and coordinate with ISA members
• Assist Program Director and Outreach Coordinator with promotional materials, publicity and
mailings for local food programs
• Assist with tabling at events, field days and farmers markets, including, but not limited to: set up
and break down; talking about ISA’s work; conducting educational activities and selling promotional
• Reproduction and distribution of fliers and other promotional material for both local food and
sustainable agriculture programming
• Other duties related to the project.
Skills and Abilities Desired:
• Ability to communicate organizational goals clearly and positively
• Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks from clerical to Internet research and excel
• Ability to provide a high level of social interaction with the public at community events and speak
to them about the organization’s activities
• Word processing skills, Excel, Publisher and social media experience desirable.
• Some travel is required
This is position lasts 12-16 weeks and pays a stipend of $500/month.
To be considered, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume no later than April 21, 2014