The September Eat Local Challenge is a month-long challenge hosted by Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois to encourage Illinois residents to eat local and support local farms. When you sign up for the Eat Local Challenge, you will receive a free packet of downloadable materials to help you eat local throughout the month, including:
- Buy Fresh Buy Local Directory– to help you find local farms, farmers markets, farm-to-table restaurants, and local food grocers in your area.
- Weekly meal plans featuring seasonal ingredients
- Recipes from farm-to-table chefs in central Illinois
- A list of upcoming food and farm events throughout Central Illinois
- Opportunities to win prizes through our Eat Local Photo Scavenger Hunt.
Whether you want to eat healthy, support local farms, or just learn more about local food in your community, the Eat Local Challenge is the perfect way to kick off September.