An artisan vendor sells products designed, fabricated and hand-crafted by the artisan vendor. Acceptance is based on originality of design, materials, and production techniques. All crafts must be of excellent workmanship both in quality and design. The items must show evidence of manual skills obtainable through a significant period of dedication and experience. All artisans will be juried by the Springfield Area Arts Council before acceptance into the Market. For step-by-step instructions for applying and submitting your work for jurying, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to managemymarket.com
- Click “Register Now.”
- Choose “I am a vendor.”
- Fill out your company name/name, email address, and create a password, then click next.
- Fill out your vendor profile. This section asks for information about your business and products. It also gives you the option to link your website and social media as well as to summarize your artisan practices. Remember, only the fields with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory. For questions that apply only to growers or farmers, leave these fields blank or place “n/a” (not applicable) in the required fields.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Next you will complete your product list by choosing products from the drop down menu and providing information about them. Artisans may choose from a variety of art categories or choose “artisan crafts.” This step will be used to make the market searchable by product.
For example, if you are selling jewelry and a customer searches for “jewelry” on our product search page, they will get a list of vendors selling jewelry with a link to your product description, vendor profile, and location within the market. If something about your products sets it apart feel free to describe it here, so customers will have access to this information.
- You also have the option to add product photos. THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ARTISANS. This is how you will initiate the jurying process. Choose “add product photos.” You will now be able to upload photos from your computer or mobile photo roll.
- Click “Done Adding Products.”
- Once your application is complete, you must select a market. Choose “My markets.” The website will use your zip code to bring up the market applications from the markets near you. Feel free to play with the number of miles and zip code until you see “Old Capitol Farmers Market/ Illinois Stewardship Alliance.” The market is located in zip code 62701.
- Click “Apply Now” across from “Old Capitol Farmers Market/ Illinois Stewardship Alliance.”
- You are now at the Old Capitol Farmers Market application.
Please read the important information and vendor policies and choose your market dates, vendor type, market staff, stall preferences, payment options, and additional charges. Answer additional questions, then agree to abide by the market rules by clicking the check-box next to “I agree to the above terms.”
Returning vendors: In the notes section under stall preference, you may indicate whether you want to keep your spot from last year or be moved. Stall spaces are NOT guaranteed and will depend on the number of vendors and electrical needs of each vendor at the market each week.
- Click submit application.
- You will receive a SUCCESS message and some important information about the status of your application; you will also receive an email with this information.
- Click on Licenses.
From here you can upload copies of your required documents. All vendors must have liability insurance. If you are unable to upload any of the required documents, you may mail them to Illinois Stewardship Alliance at 230 Broadway #200, Springfield, IL 62701. Your application will not be considered complete until all documents are uploaded or received. Feel free to contact the market manager for help with this step (or any step) if you need it.
- Once you have completed your application, we will review it for approval. If you are approved you will receive an email notification and an invoice. You may pay online or via check to Illinois Stewardship Alliance at 230 Broadway #200, Springfield, IL 62701