Big news for Illinois small grains growers!
The Practical Farmers of Iowa (PFI) received a new NRCS Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) which allows them to continue to offer small grains cost share in 2019-2021.
Why is that good news for, Illinois? The new CIG gives PFI the ability to cost share small grains in other states- including Illinois! Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin will also have the chance to participate in this amazing new opportunity.
What you need to know:
- Enroll up to 100 acres in the program per year
- The cost share reimburses farms $25/acre for planting a small grain that is harvested in 2019 and followed with a cover crop that includes a legume.
- Plant on land that is not certified organic (transitioning is OK) and not already cost shared
- Complete PFI’s online survey
- Attend at least one learning opportunity per year
- Become a PFI member
View the program flyer for a full list of eligibility and program requirements.
If you are interested in signing up or learning more about small grains cost share, please visit PFI’s sign-up page or contact Alisha Bower, PFI Strategic Initiatives Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-232-5661.