Earlier this week the Home-to-Market Act SB2007 passed out of the Subcommittee on Public Health in the Senate. Hooray! Thank you for helping us get it past this first hurdle. But now it needs your support again.
The Home-to-Market Act will be heard by the full Senate Health Committee on Tuesday, April 13th at 3:30pm. Your support is critical to helping it pass.
The Act will help small farms and food businesses across Illinois reach new customers, grow the local food economy, and give you greater access to the unique and delicious artisan products that Illinois has to offer.
Senators in the Senate Health Committee need to hear from you!
Put your support on record: click the link to file a witness slip now.
A strong showing of witness slips in favor of the Home-to-Market Act shows legislators that this is an important issue. Filing a witness slip is easy – it takes two minutes, fill out a simple form, and you will make an impact.
The deadline to submit your witness slip is 3:30pm on Tuesday, April 13th
Don’t delay, take 2 minutes right now to show your support.
How to file a Witness Slip
A “witness slip” is a person’s or group’s position on a particular bill in the legislature. Here’s how you can file a witness slip to support the Home to Market Act:
- Click this link for SB2007 in the Senate Health Committee on April 13th at 3:30
- Fill out the witness slip form.
- Under Representation, enter “Self”.
- Under Position, mark “Proponent”.
- Under Testimony, mark “Record of appearance only.”
- Then click “Create slip” to submit.
It’s that easy!
Once you submit the witness slip, you’ll receive an email confirming that your witness slip will now appear on the record for legislators to review.
2 minutes right now will make a big impact for the future of many small farms and food businesses. File your witness slip today!
You can learn more here about the Home to Market Act sponsored by Rep. Will Guzzardi and Senator David Koehler. It is endorsed by a growing list of supporters including:
- Chicago Food Policy Action Council
- Chicago Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights
- Elawa Farm Foundation
- Food Works
- Illinois Environmental Council
- Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship
- Northwest Illinois Economic Development
- The Conservation Foundation
- The Land Connection
- Slow Food Springfield
- Slow Food Chicago
- South East Chicago Commission
- SBDC at Build Bronzeville
- Sustain Dupage
- The South Loop Farmers Market
- The Resiliency Institute
- Village of Elizabeth
We’ll stay in touch about further opportunities for you to take action throughout the legislative process. If and when it passes out of the Senate Health Committee, I’ll be in touch to ask you to contact your Senators prior to a vote on the Senate Floor. Stay tuned!