You’ve got great farming stories to tell, we know. But how do you share those stories with the world? Join Illinois Stewardship Alliance and the University of Illinois Extension on October 21st for a webinar at 12:00 noon with experienced journalists and reporters. Topics covered include:
- How to work effectively with journalists
- What makes a compelling news story
- How to give an interview
Marketing is an essential part of all successful businesses and being able to capture media coverage and publicity to effectively tell your farming stories are key elements of successful marketing. This webinar aims to provide an insider’s perspective on how to successfully capture and use media attention by answering those burning questions we all want to know, such as “What do journalist look for when deciding what stories to pursue?” and “How do I build a working relationship with members of the media?” We’ve called in a team of experts to provide the inside scoop:
- Tom Doran, Field Editor for AgriNews Illinois
- Mike Nowak, host of the The Mike Nowak Show, Chicago’s gardening and environmental radio show.
- Drew Thomason, former Statehouse Reporter for Illinois Statehouse News
The webinar is open to all farmers and ag-related organizations looking to learn more about best practices when working with the media.