Stewards showed up this week!
We asked you to take action this week, and you showed up!
Here’s our virtual Food & Farm Week of Action by the numbers
- 10 – New Bill Sponsors!
- 57 – 0 : Home-to-Market Act SB2007 sailed through the state Senate unanimously! Now heads to the House
- 92 – 24 : Right To Garden Bill passed the House! Now onto the Senate
- 20 -Volunteers signed up to be Lobby Day Leaders and reached out to legislators to set up and lead virtual In-District Meetings
- 15 – Partner Organizations Supported Week of Action
- 18 – Virtual in-District Meeting Scheduled
- 67 -Participants attended district meetings
- 73 – Stewards took action to urge their legislator to support a SNAP match at farmers markets fund SNAP match at farmers markets fund
- 73 – Stewards took action to urge Governor Pritzker to include farmers in our climate fight
- 109 – Stewards signed the Fall Covers for Spring Savings Petition
To reward your commitment to take action this week, we raffled a few local food prizes at our Happy Hour on Thursday to celebrate the Week of Action. Congratulations to:
Lobby Day Leaders raffle winner
$50 Gift Card to Janie’s Mill
All Lobby Day Leaders will also receive a voucher for $10 off any order from Janie’s Mill!
Constituent meeting participants raffle winner
$50 Gift Card to Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery
250+ people who took action this week raffle winner
$25 Gift Card to Funks Grove Heritage Fruits & Grains
Happy Hour door prize winner
$25 Gift Card (Winner’s Choice)
Your voice made a difference this week.
In a district meeting on Tuesday, Representative Maura Hirschauer told constituents that with 4,000 pieces of legislation this session, it’s hard to keep up.
“This meeting is so helpful and means a lot to me to hear from constituents of the district,” she told us. “Listening to your stories is going to stick with me a lot more than just reading through a piece of legislation.”
She agreed to sponsor all of our legislation!
Thank you for showing up this week, and for using your voice to help get all of our local food and sustainable agriculture initiatives over the finish line this session and signed by Governor Pritizker.
On behalf of the Alliance team, Board of Directors, leaders, and partners, thank you!
Thank you, Partners!
Advocates for Urban Agriculture
American Farmland Trust
Central Illinois Young Farmers Coalition
Chicago Food Policy Action Council
The Climate Economy Education Inc
Illinois Environmental Council
The Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship
Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT
Izaak Walton League
The Land Connection
Liberty Prairie Foundation
The Nature Conservancy in Illinois
Prairie Rivers Network
Seven Generations Ahead