Brought to you in partnership with Advocates for Urban Agriculture, American Farmland Trust, Central Illinois Young Farmers Coalition, Chicago Food Policy Action Council, Food Works, Illinois Environmental Council, The Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship, Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT, Izaak Walton League, The Land Connection, Liberty Prairie Foundation, The Nature Conservancy in Illinois, Prairie Rivers Network, and Seven Generations Ahead.
You care about small farms, small businesses, and local food. You use your purchasing power to buy local whenever you can. Now it’s time to use your political power! Your voice and your choice matter– let’s use them together.
Join us for the first ever Virtual Food & Farm Week of Action, April 19th- 22nd.
Throughout the week, we’ll provide you with easy opportunities to learn about the issues, take action, and join forces with farmers and food lovers in your community and throughout the state. Together, we’ll support the legislation on our 2021 Policy Agenda, which will:
- Grow the number of farmers and local food businesses in Illinois,
- Revitalize our communities,
- Protect our soil and water
- Keep food dollars local
Because we’re meeting virtually, this year, you can join from wherever you are in Illinois!
Food & Farm Week of Action Agenda
Kick-Off Lunch Hour:
Monday, April 19th
Join us over the lunch hour for a kick-off where you’ll:
- Hear opening remarks and stories from legislative champions
- Get a quick overview of our legislative agenda and where our bills are now
- Learn the tricks of the trade for talking with legislators and their staff
- Take action to make phone calls to your legislators alongside hundreds of other farmers and food lovers across the state at the same time.
- Learn about upcoming opportunities to participate in virtual constituent meetings and happy hours throughout the week.
Virtual Constituent Meetings
Monday, April 19th- Thursday, April 22nd
You can sign up to join a virtual in-district meeting with your own state legislator. Check out the list of meetings scheduled and sign up for yours. (If you are not sure who your state legislators are, you can check this website first to find out!)
State Senate Meetings:
- 40th District – Sen. Patrick Joyce, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 9:00 – 9:30am, Register
- 44th District – Sen. Sally Turner, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 10:00 – 10:30am, Register
- 31st District – Sen. Melinda Bush, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 11:00 – 11:30am, Register
- UPDATED! 46th District – Sen. David Koehler, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 1:30 – 2:00pm, Register
- 41st District – Sen. John Curran, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 2:00 – 2:30pm, Register
- 10th District – Sen. Robert Martwick, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 5:00 – 5:30pm, Register
- 47th District – Sen Jil Tracy, Tuesday, April 20 ⋅ 9:30 – 10:00am, Register
- 20th District – Sen. Cristina Pacione-Zayas, Wednesday, April 21 ⋅ 9:00 – 9:30am, Register
- 52nd District – Sen. Scott Bennet, Thursday, April 22 ⋅ 10:00 – 10:30am, Register
- NEW! 51st District – Sen Chapin Rose, Thursday, April 22 ⋅ 4:00 – 4:30pm, Register
State House Meetings:
- 99th District – Rep. Mike Murphy, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 11:00 – 11:30am, Register
- 108th District – Rep Charlie Meier, Monday, April 19 ‧ 11:30am – 12:00pm, Register
- 39th District – Rep. Will Guzzardi, Monday, April 19 ‧ 11:30am – 12:00pm, Register
- 49th District – Rep. Maura Hirschauer, Monday, April 19 ⋅ 1:00 – 1:30pm, Register
- 87th District – Rep. Tim Butler, Tuesday, April 20⋅ 10:45 – 11:15am, Register
- 4th District – Rep. Delia Ramirez, Tuesday, April 20 ⋅ 4:00 – 4:30pm, Register
- UPDATED! 106th District – Rep. Tom Bennett, Wednesday, April 21 ⋅ 8:00 – 8:30am, Register
- 76th District – Rep. Lance Yednock, Thursday, April 22 ⋅ 4:00 – 4:30pm, Register
We’re working with members across the state to set up even more Virtual Constituent Meetings, so be sure to . You can help! Sign up to be a Lobby Day Leader and take the lead on setting up a meeting with your Representative and/or Senator.
Virtual Happy Hour
Thursday, April 22nd
Join us in community with Lobby Day Leaders and attendees to share a virtual drink, share your stories and experience speaking with your legislators, and celebrate your hard work. Entertainment is in the works!
Alliance 2021 Legislative Agenda
This February, Alliance members from across the state came together during our Annual Gathering of Stewards to discuss and approve our state policy agenda. The legislation in the agenda was put forward by farmers in our Local Food Farmer Caucus and Soil Health Farmer Caucus with widespread approval by our members at large. The 2021 Policy Agenda will help grow small farms and the local food economy, make local food more accessible to vulnerable populations, make state purchasing of local food a priority, and help Illinois farmers create greater climate resilience for our state.
Support Farmers, Artisan Food Maker, and Home Bakers:
Protecting clean water & climate resilience:
Support Healthy Food Access at Farmers Markets while keeping SNAP Dollars Local:
Shift millions of dollars in annual state food procurement toward Local, Fair, Healthy, Humane, and Sustainable farms and food businesses:
- Support for Black Farmers Resolution: HR0046, Rep. Harper
- Protect Your Right to Garden
Vegetable Garden Protection Act: HB 0633, Rep. Harper
- Better Rules for School Lunches for our Kids
Update School Lunch Bidding Policy: HB 1782, Rep. Gordon-Booth
Solve the Livestock Processing Bottleneck: policy solutions in development
If these issues are important to you then please, join us for the first ever Virtual Food & Farm Week of Action, April 19th- 22nd.Register!